NIIK carries out environmental protection works as required by the RF Environmental Regulations (Federal Law on environmental protection), Town Planning documentation and legislative, methodical and normative documents.
Ecological protection section is an important part of any project, since any chemical facility has potential environmental impact within a region.
Below are the main environmental activities:
- environmental impact assessment and preparation of environmental impact statements for every stage of document development cycle;
- developing appropriate list of measures preventing reducing environmental risks and exposures and rational use of natural resources during constructing and operating industrial units;
- providing support when taking expertise review
B. existing facilities:
- working out drafts of standards for pollutant emission and discharge limits
- working out drafts of standards for waste formation limits and their location, including hazard class calculation and certificate of waste execution.
NIIK works out environmental protection documentation for fertilizer production plants, chemical and petrochemical industrial enterprises in Russian Federation and Commonwealth of Independent States.