Technologies for green field and brown field construction of urea plants and revamping concepts
- URECON2006® is implemented for small-capacity urea units (references for 500 TPD)
- Design work was performed for the unit with capacity 600 TPD
- URECON2006® Can be used for construction of a new urea unit up to 1000 TPD
- The energy efficiency of URECON2006® is a bit lower than of the CO2 stripping process: NH3 consumption– 567÷570 kg/t, CO2 consumption– 734÷750 kg/t, steam consumption – 0,8÷0,85 Gcal/t.
- URECON2006® has been implemented for revamps of the existing urea units (references of the urea units with TLR)
- Due to most efficient operation of a synthesis section, the size of equipment is reduced, consequently reducing the investment cost
- The most efficient way to use URECON 2007® is to use it for revamps of the existing urea units with CO2 stripping process.
- Based on URECON 2007® detailed design for revamp of urea unit М-3 at Severodonetsky Azot, capacity enhancement to 1500 TPD has been developed.
- URECON 2007® can be used for urea units up to 2000 TPD.
- Synthesis reactor under 200 Bar pressure is equipped with the set of internals including Vortex Mixer, Conversion Booster and Trays. Due to installation of the internals high conversion rate and high reactor yield are achieved.
- Multi- stage separation of synthesis melt results in reduction of heat losses and distillation efficiency improvement.
- CO2 stripping – distillation under 90 Bar pressure ensures efficient NH3 and CO2 stripping.
- Submerged carbamate condenser under 90 Bar pressure ensures efficient recuperation of the process internal heat to generate 4 Bar steam.
- Two-stage melt distillation (90Bar and 3,5 Bar) results in equipment cost reduction against other processes.
- NIIK has developed design of a urea unit, capacity 2000+ TPD which is the optimal capacity for the plants in Russia and FSU counties.
One of the main elements of the urea unit revamping concept developed by NIIK is a synthesis section modification, in particular – modification of a synthesis reactor since unreacted feedstock recycle and energy consumption significantly depend on efficient operation of this section.
- High- efficient Vortex Mixer;
- Conversion Booster;
- Mass- exchange Trays.
Lead time of the internals is three to six months (depending on the internals set), the internals are installed in the reactor within one week. The payback period of the internals is three to six months. The internals can be installed during a single stage of a urea unit revamp.