Urea is carbamic acid amide or carbon dioxide diamide with formula H2NCONH2. It is a white crystal soluble in polar solvents (water, ethanol, liquid ammonia).
Urea melting point is 132,7°C, its density is 1,33•103 kg/m3.
Two urea grades are produced: grade A is applied in chemical industry and animal farming, grade B is applied in agriculture.
Urea application:- urea is generally applied in agriculture as nitrogen fertilizer with 46% nitrogen content. Urea for agricultural purposes is produced in a caking-resistant granulated form. - another important industrial urea application is urea-aldehyde resins synthesis (first of all urea-formaldehyde resins synthesis) which are widely used as adhesives in fiberboards and furniture manufacturing. - urea derivatives are efficient herbicides. - urea is used for removal of nitrogen oxides from flue gases exhausted by thermal electric power stations, boiler houses, waste incineration plants, internal-combustion engines, etc. - urea is a registered E927b food additive.
Another promising urea application is a production of 32,5% urea solution applied for diesel engines exhaust gases purification. Application of this solution brings emissions chemical composition into compliance with Euro 4 and Euro 5 standards. In this case application of prilled urea is preferable due to its physical properties.
NIIK offers its proprietary urea process, engineering services and time-proven, energy-saving, investment-efficient and environmentally-friendly solutions:
- development of new process and design solutions in the field of urea production;
- design services for grass-root urea projects;
- urea units revamps with capacity expansion;
- design and procurement of urea solution units intended for vehicle emissions purification;
- design and procurement of units for complex granulated fertilizers production based on urea, granulated ammonia, calcium and magnesium nitrate and for NKMM deicing product manufacturing.